Complains About iPhone 4S Loosing Signal For No Reason

An issue in the iPhone 4S has been discovered and it’s not the poor battery life time issue. Which Apple is currently working on iOS 5.0.2 to solve it. The new issue is completely loosing signal without any reason. According to Cultofmac

iPhone 4S Signal Loss Issue

The problem with the iPhone 4S has no known reason yet. It’s not an antenna issue as the device doesn’t loos signal when you hold it in a certain position. The problem just happens suddenly, One second you have a full 5 bar signal and the next you have the “No Service” message.
One iPhone 4S user has reported the issue on Apple’s Discussion forums saying:
I’ve been using an iPhone 4 on a Vodafone contract for the past 16 months and just bought an iPhone 4S direct from Apple. It arrived on Friday morning and I got it set up correctly as far as I can tell. When I first turn it on, it works lovely and exactly as I would expect, able to make calls, send texts and access the internet via the cellular network. However, at what appears to be random, the network will disappear (no bars of signal) stopping me making calls and texts, but still allowing me to access the internet. Sometimes, the internet goes, but I can still make calls and texts. Other times, everything is gone and I get “No Signal” where it normally says Vodafone UK. So when trying to fix this problem after it’s noticed, I try putting it into Airplane mode and back out. The phone scans for a network and goes back to the same state as before I tried this fix. I have tried resetting network settings, but this doesn’t change anything. The only thing that actually fixes it temporarily is turning the phone right off and back on again.

How to fix the iPhone 4S Signal Loss Problem:

According to Razorian Fly, The problem can be fixed by turning the ‘SIM PIN’ feature off. As they suggest the problem is a software related.
Go to Settings > Phone Menu > Turn the SIM PIN off.
It’s not a hardware issue, it’s software. For some reason, iOS is cycling the radio on and off, I’m guessing something mixed up with SIM pin permissions. What I had to do was turn on SIM pin, then off, at which point it demanded the PUK code. I was able to get it online through my ATT account. After I entered that PUK, then went back into settings and turned SIM pin off, I haven’t had any problems.

The iPhone 4S problem is caused by iOS 5.0.1

One user claims that the issue happened only after he updated to iOS 5.0.1
I think I have cracked it. I have read every post and comments and tried and every possible fix. Does not work. I’m using iPhone 4S 16gig bought from Melbourne, use in Cambodia carrier Mobitel. Issue, no signal. 3G come and go. I have to on and off to get back signal sometime aeroplane mode on and off. My iPhone is useless. It was fine on 5.0 problem only exist after I update to 5.0.1.
Maybe Apple will fix the problem in iOS 5.0.2 which is said to be coming as soon as next week.




Related posts





Share/Bookmark